Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I've Found It! My New Favorite Blog!

Writing can be a lonely enterprise. Editing, pitching your work to agents and editors, and marketing can be time consuming and frustrating. It's good to have a community of like-minded people to bounce ideas off of, ask questions, joke around with, and just learn more about the industry and the craft. That is why Romance University has become my new favorite blog.

Not everyone has time to frequent romance industry conferences and workshops. This blog, which is written by an RU "faculty" that includes romance writers such as Carina Press's Adrienne Giordano and soon-to-be Sourcebooks author Tracey Devlyn, offers the same opportunities to network online. I laughed out loud at Giordano's entry on her book rankings addiction. (Admittedly, I have it too. When one of my novels comes out I can check my rankings on Amazon almost hourly, regretfully. LOL) They've also had guest posts from agents and editors who say what they're looking for and why your book pitch may never make it out of the slush pile. They even take questions. A schedulei of a list of upcoming posts is also included.

If you're a aspiring romance writer or a published romance author, this is a great tool (and stress reliever.) I HIGHLY recommend it.

http://romanceuniversity.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment